There are currently no scheduled courses. Please check back soon or contact us to find out when a course will be available.
This class will raise your SOLIDWORKS Simulation FEA skills to the next level! It offers hands-on experience on the use of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium nonlinear module. The 2-day course provides an overview on a wide range of nonlinear structural/mechanical analysis topics. You will learn how to deal with models that exhibit large displacements and/or yielding, discuss and practice the use of many material models available in SOLIDWORKS Simulation and, most importantly, how to drive a non-linear analysis to successful completion. (2 days)
Prerequisites: Must have attended the basic SolidWorks Simulation class, or must have an experience with SOLIDWORKS + working basic knowledge of finite elements and of basic mechanical principles
Who should attend: Designed for users who would like to become productive fast, the nonlinear course offers hands-on experience on the use of SOLIDWORKS Simulation nonlinear module. The two-day course provides an overview on a wide range of nonlinear structural/mechanical analysis topics.
Length: 2 days.
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Geometric Nonlinearities
- Large displacements problems
- Large strain formulation
- Nonlinear elasticity
- Hyperelasticity (Mooney-Rivlin, Ogden)
- Plasticity (von Mises, isotropic/kinematic/mixed hardening rules)
- Temperature dependent material properties
- Visco-elasticity and creep
Contact (Boundary) Nonlinearities
- 3D nonlinear gap/contact analysis (with or without material nonlinearities).
- Solution control techniques (force, displacement, and Arc-Length controls)
- Equilibrium Iterations schemes (Newton-Raphson, modified Newton-Raphson)
- Termination schemes (convergence and divergence criteria)
- Adaptive automatic stepping algorithm
- Prescribed non-zero displacements associated with time curves
- Deformation dependent loading
- Analysis stabilization techniques
Viewing the Results
- Deflected shape plots
- Displacement and stress color filled contour plots
- Animation of deflected shape, displacement, and stress contour plots
- X-Y plots for response quantities Isoplanes and sectioning